The key and final element of Dubai Airports’ strategic expansion plan at Dubai International (DXB), Concourse D is home to 60 international airlines operating into DXB. Concourse D opened on February 24, 2016 with the arrival of British Airways flight BA105.
Concourse D increased DXB's annual capacity to 90 million passengers, and serves Terminal 1 to which it is connected through an elevated rail system with a transit time of 2 minutes.
Concourse D Fast Facts
- Capacity of 18 million passengers
- Footprint of 65,000m2
- 32 gates, including four code F gates (21 contact gates, 11 remote)
- Linked to Terminal 1 via an elevated rail system consisting of 5 carriages and capacity of 300 passengers
- Nine lounges spread over 6,926m2, including five airline lounges, a new Al Majlis lounge, two Dubai International Hotel lounges and a Marhaba VIP lounge.
- 450m2 of solar panels, producing an estimated 1% of facility’s energy annual requirement
- Seating for more than 8,000 passengers
- Introduces open gate concept to allowing passengers more flexibility to shop, dine or relax before boarding
- A spacious and comfortable reception area for meeters and greeters and an air-conditioned taxi waiting area for passengers in the refurbished Terminal 1
- The refurbished Terminal 1 will have 207 check-in desks and 4 over-sized baggage check-in desks spread across 6 check-in zones for different airlines
- Terminal 1 will feature 15 per cent more check in counters, self-check in kiosks and in-line security screening of baggage at check-ins, as well as 30 per cent additional counters for immigration (arrivals) to ensure passenger comfort.
- A wide range of F&B offerings including world renowned brands such as The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck, Pret A Manger, Camden Food Company as well as Butlers Chocolate Café.
- The line-up of restaurants and cafes includes Yo! Sushi, Shawarmanji, The Kitchen, Masale The Taste of India, and established traveller favourites such as Giraffe, Starbucks, KFC, Krispy Kreme, McDonald’s, The Noodle House, and Costa Coffee.
CONCOURSE D FAST FACTS
Cost including the APM
AED 3.35 Billion
150,000 square metres
Code E Gates and related lounges
Code C Gates and related lounges
Code F Gates and related lounges
Airline counters (transfer)
Approximately 8,484 sqm
Dubai Internnational Hotel Lounge
Approx. 1,751 sqm
Total Area of F&B
Building Length x Width x Height
700 m x 144 m x 27 m
4 Floors (Inclusive of service floor)
Capacity per year
18 million passengers
Peak Hour Passenger
Departure peak hour: 3,069 pax/hr
Arrival peak hour: 2,954 pax/hr